Monday 11 September 2017

Who knew


I didn't that's for sure, not prior to writing this anyway.

It turns out, that Flossy is the name of a Spanish shoe manufacturer's/retailers. I'm loving the camper van greeting on the first page of their website and some of their stuff actually looks ok. I may even buy a Tony in the sale, well 2, one would be no good would it, I probably wont though if I am honest, but for that money, can you go too wrong?

I genuinely do need a basic pair of slip on shoes for "slipping on" (they named them well didn't they) quickly before popping outside . The sort of thing you keep near the back door, for when you need to get the washing in, or put something in/take something out of the garage, or put the bins out, or wipe down your Flamingos because they have become too greasy. Well maybe not the last one, but I am sure most people "pop out" quickly (not in a Micky Flanagan going out way). . .(which to me remains funny however much it is viewed) to do something or other in close proximity of their house.

Assuming you are one of those people who do something or other in close proximity of your house and you don't have some slip ons already, get some, try it, you may find its the best thing you have done, or not, who knows. All I know is I was saying to Mrs R the other day that I need to buy another pair, I threw my last pair in the bin of our old home as we moved out, it was quite a cathartic moment, so I am currently 1 pair short. That's not to say I have other pairs, saying I am 1 pair short makes it sound like I have many and when I last audited I realised a pair had gone, that's not what I mean at all. I just mean that at this moment in time, I don't have any, but would probably like a pair. Maybe stumbling across Flossy's shoe site was an omen, or maybe that's just a book and a film.



Believe it or not, my starting point for this post wasn't slip on shoes at all. It was giant Flamingos, well bigish ones, actually 1 to be specific. A Flamingo affectionately nicknamed Flossy, who now (only for now) lives in our porch. I should add that Flossy isn't one of the Flamingos evacuated from the Florida Zoo as the hurricane bore down. She hasn't been "safely evacuated" to our porch from the USA, that would be bonkers, to coin a phrase (another person that makes me chuckle) no, she originated in the UK. I am not sure where she was "made" but we acquired her from Cornwall, following a recent trip, really, don't ask.

Before anyone contacts the society for the prevention of undue weirdness to Flamingos (or its equivalent) I should explain that she isn't real. Well she is in that she is a tangible object, she exists, she isn't imaginary, but she isn't alive. She isn't deceased either, she was never alive, she is made of metal, or tin, or some such material. My slack description of what she is made of is probably a sign I am becoming bored with describing her now, so I will stop.

I am sure I will return with more tales or talk of Flossy at some point in the future, for now though, all you need to know is that she is metal (ish) in the porch and came from Cornwall. Oh and she lights up too, did I forget that bit, yes she lights up, apparently.

As much as its lovely going back to Cornwall, my mother is Cornish and someone very special lives there (my son) I do worry about what comes back with us sometimes, Flossy being a point in question, still she seems to be settling in, in the porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment