Sunday 31 July 2011

Flim Flam!

Please don’t ask why, I have no idea, I was driving home from work and the words just sprung (if a word can spring) into my head, the words flim and flam.

I was going to leave it at that and move on but as I hadn't posted for a while I thought, I know, I will post about flim and flam, should be a pair of magicians shouldn't they, the mysterious flim and wondrous flam. There probably are a couple of artistes of some discipline (if not magicians) plying their trade under the name of flim and flam.

So I got home, googled the word flim flam (or flimflam, whatever takes your fancy) as I wasn't sure exactly what it meant, I though it was something to do with nonsense, bit like this post, bit like many of mine, but it doesn't, not strictly. It can mean nonsense but its more aligned to meaning to swindle or related to a confidence trick.

There the post was going to stop, but I thought I would look at google again under flim flam to the extent of its reach , its a film (The Flim Flam Man) a book about unicorns and other strange things (Flim Flam Physics) and even numerous songs, also an album made by members of the counting crows (Shim Sham Flim Flam).

As for images related to Flim Flam, well, there are lots of weird and wonderful ones,  I was initially looking  for a pic to accompany the post and there are loads, however I didn't use any, as you can see.

Seeing as its most notably linked to confidence tricks I thought I would go with an image linked to one of my favouritest (I know its not a real word) TV programs instead.

Too much time on my hands?, possibly, going for a bath now, goodnight :-)

1 comment: